Consultant Paramedic with a remarkable current and historical CV (a fraction of which is below), with highly relevant medical/vehicle-related expertise. Previously also a certified 4x4 driving instructor, he has worked with leading brands and been given access to their vehicles to (destructively) test them to aid vehicle extrication techniques in a remote area RTC.
MSc Advancing Clinical Practice
Diploma Health Emergency Planning
Diploma in Security and Risk Management
Diploma Remote & Offshore Medicine -Royal college of surgeons
Experienced in a wide variety of demanding operations around the world including work with the United Nations, Oil & Gas Production companies, Vehicle manufacturers, Security and Television, Theatres of employment have included, Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan, South Africa, Mongolia, Cambodia, Gaza strip, Ice of the Arctic Circle and the jungles of South America & Congo.
Rich has been involved in vehicle-based expeditions for the past 30 years.
He has been an Observer (Instructor) for the Institute of Advanced Motorists, both cars and
bikes and holds a First qualification. Rich Holds ROSPA Gold cars and bikes.
He has been a Lantra award 4x4 and ATV instructor holds qualifications in winching and recovery. He holds an Emergency services Class one driving qualification.
Rich has supported expeditions including the Landrover G4 Challenge, vehicle launches including the all-new range rover, delivered motorcycle expeditions for National Geographic and Honda.
Rich has delivered vehicle-mounted operations across the world including Iraq and Afghanistan using soft skin and armoured vehicles.
• Providing specialist medical, rescue, safety & Security including close protection services to clients including Extreme & Adventure sports athletes across the globe.
• Managing a team of over 100 registered Health care professionals ranging from Paramedics to Doctors covering a number of challenging events in all corners of the world.
• Often working in arduous conditions and difficult situations ensuring best clinical practice and customer-focused approach.
• Developing and maintaining a robust Management system.
• Ensuring a “can do “ attitude.
• Develop a clear Health and safety direction.
He has been able to cover hundreds of extreme and adventure sporting events across the globe including being trusted to provide safety support the some of the world’s most famous VVIP’s - and witnessed many human endeavours that continue to inspire to this day.
Rich has been trusted to represent corporate clients on events such as vehicle launches in Morocco or Iceland, for example, being responsible for their medical & rescue Plans, major incident and critical incident planning.